Galway Glam Gals Top Tips to Stay TANTASTIC This Summer!!
As the Summer continues and we’re all having great craic with Festivals, Parties, Bank holiday weekends, bbq’s and the official count down to the Galway Races has begun not to mention just the casual strolls down Shop Street on all the gorgeous Summer evening’s we have been lucky enough to get so far...... We know all of you glam ladies have been busy self tanning and sun tanning!!!
Here at Glam Gals Galway we’re always prepared for the sun and feeling fabulous with a glowing tan and we are happy to keep your secret too!! Because unfortunately not all of us can achieve one naturally and being so sun conscious these day’s our go to tan is Vita Liberata every time. ( You will still need an SPF)
We love this tan as it is non toxic, odourless, organic and bursting with natural extracts like hyaluron, pomegranate, and yam all designed to hydrate and moisturise the skin.
This awesome tan drys instantly on contact with the skin ( no sticky feeling) and fades like a natural skin ( No nasty patchy snake skin)
The great thing is if you can’t make it in for a spray tan we have you covered with all the vita liberata essentials!!!
So here are Top Tips for the perfect spray tan results every time
• Skin preparation is key. Exfoliate, Exfoliate, Exfoliate!!! We cannot stress this enough. Shower and exfoliate 8-12 hours before your tan using pH balanced and oil free products.
• All hair removal (waxing, shaving) should be taken care of 24 hours prior to tanning, as this allows the protein and amino acids to rebuild on the skin as this is what the tan actually sticks and if they are not present your tan may not be as dark as you would have liked.
• Avoid all moisturising for 24 hours prior to your spray tan, as even after a shower, residue can remain and this can create a barrier.
• To reach an optimum result up your water intake and eat leafy green vegetables like rocket spinach and kale which are all high in lysine and this will help prepare your skin for the best spray tan results.
• On the day of your tan avoid avoid wearing make up, deodorant, perfume, body oils or lotions.
• Wear loose dark clothes.
Immediately after your tan
• The instant colour you will have is just a guideline to the Bronzed Goddess you are on the way to becoming.... Your tan will continue to develop for the next 6-8 hours.
• Avoid activities that will make you perspire (A perfect excuse for a guilt free evening in your pjs watching netflix)
• Do not apply any perfumed products over the developing tan.
After your tan has developed ( DO NOT PANIC you will be dark)
• Shower with warm water. Once the water runs clear (Again DO NOT PANIC !! you have not washed away all of your beautiful bronzed tan) Use a pH balanced shower gel and then pat your skin dry.
• Do not shave or wax for 24 hours as this removes layers of skin and will remove the tan too!!
• Moisturise twice daily and avoid using products that contain essential oils and you will have a healthy glowing tan that will get you from a hectic work week to weekend wines!!
So there you go ladies all the in’s and out’s of a spray tan....
Love The Glam Gals xx
KeyCloud: Galway Glam Gals, Galway Tanning, Galway Beauty Salon